At The Practice Space, we care about keeping you and your children safe. Until the risk from COVID-19 is significantly reduced or eliminated, all of our programs and events will be offered online so you never have to choose between learning and your health. You can assume everything is online until we update you otherwise.
As a learning organization, we are also committed to offering the highest quality educational experience. Our online programs aim to go beyond passive screen time and ensure that you are as engaged as possible. While we prefer and miss being in person, we remain as committed as ever to strengthening community and building confidence.
Here are our principles for online education:
- Learning should always be practical and relevant to participants.
- Balance time between active learning, relationship-building, movement, and fun.
- Keep classes small, or at least a 1:8 coach-student ratio, with time for individualized and partner work.
- Keep learning active, with the majority of time spent on practice and only 5-10 minute chunks of direct instruction at a time.
- Support attention with a 5-10 minute break after every hour of instruction.
- Keep participants’ needs at the center, making sure we are adaptable and adjust as necessary.
We look forward to continuing to serve you and offering you a safe place to learn, connect, and be inspired.