Qualities of a Fearless Classroom
A fearless classroom is a place where each and every student...
- Knows why his or her perspective is important.
- Feels like an expert in something and has opportunities to express that expertise.
- Has the chance to surprise people about what they know and can do.
- Believes their peers have valuable perspectives to offer.
- Remains open to changing their mind about another person.
- Can push beyond their comfort level without being punished or ridiculed.
- Discovers a first step or entry point to develop their voice.
- Hopes that everyone else will be able to improve their ability to speak up.